While B2C companies use social networking for a variety of purposes, B2B marketers often wonder if simply having a basic company website is good enough; isn’t social media more suited for B2C interactions?
Data from Forrester research indicates otherwise. According to a recent eMarketer study, Forrester Research predicts that B2B firms will spend $54 million on social media marketing in 2014, up from just $11 million in 2009. As more and more B2B companies understand the benefits of social media, the use of networking tools for marketing purposes is steadily increasing. As a B2B marketing professional, here are some reasons why your company should have more than a just a website:
* B2B company websites that are not backed by social media may appear like brochures; this could put-off prospects, resulting in lost sales and opportunity for companies.
* Social media is where your contacts are; therefore you need to have more than a static web presence in your company wants to stay competitive online.
* Recent studies show that most industrial buyers use social media to research buying decisions.
* Marketing is all about being customer-centric and involves interactive information sharing.
* Besides acquiring new customers, social media can drive traffic to the existing company website and can convert prospects and customers into ‘brand advocates’.
Getting the Most Out of Social Media; Do I Tweet, Blog or Post?
Do I Tweet, Blog or Post? Before engaging in social media, it is vital for B2B companies to figure out what tools are most suitable and likely to offer maximum returns. Although there are numerous tools out there, each with its benefits and limitations, the general consensus is that LinkedIn is an excellent networking tool and the most popular choice for B2B companies. The fact that 72% of B2B marketers currently use LinkedIn makes this tool the undisputed king of social media marketing for business purposes. According to a recent study by the B2B magazine:
* LinkedIn was cited as the most important channel, with 26% marketers favoring it.
* Lead-generation was the main reason why companies used LinkedIn. Other advantages include generating web traffic, building influential business relationships and for recruitment purposes.
However, other channels also have their advantages. Our research shows how B2B companies can use other social networking channels (besides LinkedIn) to add value to their businesses:
* Facebook Can Be Useful Too: International suppliers and buyers b2b Market place
Does Facebook benefit B2B companies? Absolutely! With 71% B2B marketers favoring Facebook, this is the second most widely used social media platform after LinkedIn. By having a Facebook presence, you can:
o Generate Quality Leads: Yes, like LinkedIn, Facebook can also help generate quality leads that could later transition into sales. Oracle Facebook PageWhen business contacts check out your company’s Facebook page, chances are that they are either looking for information or are interested in purchasing your product or service. By presenting them with free trials or special offers on Facebook, you can convert ‘prospective customers’ to ‘buyers’.
o Build Brand Advocates: Facebook is a great platform for business communities to come together and share positive experiences. Oracle’s fan page, for instance, features valuable professional content, news and discussions. The +107,640 happy fans engaged with the company’s products and services function as the ideal brand advocates for Oracle.